Wednesday 30 October 2013

Advancing


 Chemical formation 945 - Carrying on with my ferrofluid sculptures I decided to create a mixture of colours within singular lakes of one another. I found it to create a movement and feeling within its area. I feel it tells a story in itself of horror and hope, dominated by the upper class of Purple royalty.

 This image was created during my experiments with conjuring colour. I have been going through the motions of creating my own paints, choosing to start with ultramarine due to its transcendent nature. Although this pigment is the synthetic modern day pigment. As the oil was laid across it, I noticed its inspired similarities to the original pigment, Lapis Lazuli and went about documenting this image.


 This is the documentation of the current progression in my exploration of colour chemistry as a response to my dissertation research. This series will eventually be moved into an exhibition room to create an installation based on the chemistry of colour, to hopefully get people to think about and understand their materials more in depth.



 All of the colours within these works have been created by paint I have made myself in the studio, there is currently a royal purple and a white canvas drying to complete the series. Each colour will have its own in depth description below it in the final installation sharing my knowledge of its historical and scientific backgrounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment